Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Weekend Update

Friday night: We did absolutely nothing. I was able to watch Jurassic Park! It was really great to watch it again after such a long time – brought back so many memories!! And the T-Rex is still extremely freakin’ scary! Next weekend, the 1st sequel!

Saturday: Justin and I had no official Halloween plans and no parties to attend. So on the plus side, we didn’t have to create costumes! I’m not totally into Halloween, so normally if I don’t have plans, I’m not really bothered by it.

The weather was really nice, so I was able to take Bailey out to the dog park, and boy, was it PACKED!! Of course he had a great time at the park and we were there for about 45 minutes. However, a few hours later he began limping. There seemed to be no reason why, and he limped on and off through Monday morning. He was fine personality-wise, was putting weight on his foot, and doing everything normally. Since he wasn’t bleeding out of multiple holes, I made an appointment for Monday afternoon with my regular vet.

All night we got no trick or treaters, but just in case any showed, I put out a “Sorry – no candy” sign, because we didn’t go out and buy any. Turns out we didn’t even need the sign! However, we put out 3 tiny pumpkins on the porch as décor, and the next morning we only had 2. Who would steal a $1 pumpkin??? I spent the rest of the night watching “Ghost Adventures” on the Travel Channel. Those guys have no idea what they’re doing. It’s basically 3 Frat guys trying to piss off ghosts. And they will believe anything! Every other word is “Dude” or “Man”. For example – “Dude, I totally just had something touch my leg, man”. Funny to watch though. And the stories and “evidence” are still pretty chilling. And it was Halloween. Here's a picture of the host (and can I say...YUMMY!!)

Sunday: Slept in and made sure to keep Bailey off his legs as much as possible. I didn’t want him walking around if he had sprained or fractured something. Sunday was also filled with organizing the apartment and watching some games. Cheers: The Cowboys won! Jeers: The Broncos got their first loss (a killing!) and the Yankees moved to 3 games up in the World Series.

**Update on Bailey** – I took him in to the vet Monday afternoon, and by the time I got to the office, he had completely stopped limping. The vet looked him over for 15-20 minutes and could find no reason why he would be limping. In her professional opinion, he’s fine. We’re not really sure why he’s limping, but he seems to be in no pain. The only thing she could think of was to maybe have him lose 10 lbs or so and see if that takes some “stress” off his joints. So there’s more exercise for him in the near future!!

I could eventually get x-rays or put him on medication, but the vet didn’t really press either option because he’s not visibly in any pain and it seems that it comes and goes which means he can work it out by walking on it. So who knows what’s next for this little monster in the next few days. Gotta keep an eye on him.

And as of 8 pm MT tonight, he's still limping. But only on and off. So I don't know what to do!

And as for 30 Posts in 30 Days - - 3 posts down, 27 more to go! Can you handle it?

No comments: