Monday, November 23, 2009

Christmas FAIL

I admit it. I broke down. I broke a lifelong tradition.

I blame it on the unpredictable Colorado Springs weather and Pandora internet radio.

This morning, I woke up to a very cold, hazy mountain view. I threw on my pea coat and headed in to work. As I'm driving down the main street, I can see little snow flakes falling down in front of me! The morning continues, of course, and the sky gets foggier, and the flakes get bigger and come more frequently. It even starts sticking to the ground!

I don't have windows in my office, but we have a Webcam on our roof, and I was able to keep an eye on the "storm". And then I broke down.

I played Christmas music.

I couldn't help it!! I get streaming Christmas music on my phone and it was snowing!! I didn't go and help myself to hot apple cider, so it wasn't quite the Trifecta. But I feel that I let myself down because I always, ALWAYS wait until the day after Thanksgiving before playing Christmas music. And I can never take this back!

Oh well...there are worse things. But still - I can't believe I broke down!

*On a side note, my neighbor's music has reached an all time high volume. To the point where I now have a headache from their bass. I have sent in an informal complaint to my apartment complex office asking what I can do and what actions they can take. I would like to remain anonymous, because I still have to live above them and I don't want to feel uncomfortable in my own home. If they can keep my complaint anonymous, and if they impose fines, then I will go through with a formal complaint. It's getting to be rediculous. I can't even hear my own tv that's 5 feet away from me when they're playing their music.

No comments: