Thursday, November 5, 2009

Living in a Starbucks Wonderland

One of my most favorite things in the world is flavored coffee. I don’t drink it black and it has to have creamer and sugar in it. The coffee can be flavored or the syrup that goes into it, or both, but either way – it can’t taste like “just coffee”.

And as most people, my favorite place to get flavored coffee is Starbucks. Year round, any day of the week my drink of choice – Raspberry Mocha, hot. I don’t do anything special to the drink, but occasionally will make it low fat or non-fat milk, if I’m feeling guilty. Otherwise, I like it just the way it comes. A Mocha with a shot of Raspberry, and I’m a happy girl.

But the BEST PART??? Seasonal drinks!!!! It starts with the Pumpkin Spice latte. They usually bring it out in late September/early October, and every year, I just can’t wait until it’s finally back on the menu! The nicest surprise happened to me this year – I was just going in because I had a late night the day before and was taking Bailey to the dog park and needed a little kick. I looked up at the menu for one last chance to change from my “usual” and happened to see the Pumpkin latte!! Apparently, they had just added it a day or two before. Perfect timing!

And finally, Christmas drinks. You can pick from Gingerbread, Egg Nog, Peppermint – all just heavenly. Peppermint is actually a shot available year round, but why would you want to? Apparently, according to a co-worker, they’re also selling a non-coffee seasonal option. It’s hot apple cider, but they mix caramel and cinnamon in, and it tastes exactly like you’re drinking a caramel apple! Ohhhh myyyyy…

This wonderful co-worker went to Starbucks on her lunch break (she likes their sandwhiches) and without any prior knowledge to me, brought me back a Pumpkin Spice Latte! Just because she wanted to! I shared this story with my boss because she’s about 10 times more addicted to Starbucks than I am, and I knew she would appreciate the nice gesture. And then, to top it all off, my boss calls in the next morning to say she’s running late, but because she was making a Starbucks stop and wanted to know if I wanted an Egg Nog latte! She remembered me mentioning in my “story” that it was my favorite Christmas flavor, and what was I supposed to say – no thanks??? No way!!

I just can’t wait until we get into the “snowy season” and I can walk down the street (not even a mile!) and get a nice, warm Christmasy latte and warm up while watching the snow fall. Sounds wonderful.

No comments: