Saturday, February 27, 2010
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
And...here's the kicker - - I only had HALF! Seriously, I took a few bites and then *boom* - that's enough. I wasn't really hungry, and I didn't want to finish it. So I stopped. I am so proud of myself! And what's even better is that I only ate about 1 points worth - so I didn't have to use an extra point.
So all in all - I can do this!! I'm very proud of myself for sticking with this progam for this long, and I am already seeing results. I haven't done anything for this long, so this says something to me. I will keep going and look forward to only seeing more good things happen!
Thursday, February 18, 2010
What's for dinner you ask? Salmon with homemade "marinade" with cilantro. And a side of cous cous with some yummy veggies. Smells goooood...
And coming soon - a new blog layout and header! And yes, I will make my own header!
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
On an up note: I went to Panera Bread today and got an entire meal for ...
Salad: (their "Classic" handtossed salad)
- field greens and romaine lettuce
- balsamic vinaigrette
Soup: Garden Vegetable, Low fat and vegetarian
- yellow beans
- bell peppers
- pearled barley
- tomato broth
Monday, February 15, 2010
I'm still trying to eat healthy, but had a few meals over the weekend that didn't have points and I had to "guess". Now, I tried to guess high points, but I have a sneaky feeling that I guessed too low. So I have to be extra good this week. Going to Panera Bread tomorrow for lunch with my dad will be tough - I will need to stick to a nice, light salad, and be sure to have chicken or something on it, but be careful of the dressings and little things added on.
Goal update from last week:
- continue tracking points: I'm still all over it! Haven't missed a thing!
- Lose at least 2 pounds: Didn't make it to two pounds, but I did have a loss. At least it wasn't a gain!
- Try to eat more fruit: Unfortunately, I did not meet this goal. I had some fruit last Monday, but that was only because we had leftovers from a parfait making party from Friday. Fruit is just too darn expensive and goes bad too quickly! Enough excuses..I should at least look for deals.
- Try not to "cheat" and look at my weight before Thursday's weigh in: I'm proud to say that from last Monday on I didn't check! It made me a little disappointed at the weigh in on Thursday though that I didn't reach my 2 point goal though. I keep thinking if only I had looked I could have worked harder and at least lose an extra pound or 2.
Goals for this week:
- Lose 2 pounds: I definitely want to hit this goal, so I'm pushing it into this week!
- Work out 3 seperate times before next Monday: If I want to hit my 2 pound goal, other than continuing to eat properly, I need to also burn calories that are coming in! I haven't fit in any working out so far on this program and I feel that it's time to start.
- Take the stairs up to my office: This is huge. I work 4 flights of stairs up from where I park. And I HATE taking stairs! If I can do it from Tuesday-Friday, then I've met my goal!
Friday, February 12, 2010
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
And I guess another reason why I haven’t blogged so much is because of this Weight Watchers thing. I spend a lot of time tracking points and foods, which will ultimately pay off in the end because once I know the points, I know them – I only have to find out once. It’s just all this legwork early on that’s tiring. But it’s working – I’ve lost some weight and hopefully will lose a little more.
Goals for this week:
- Continue tracking points
- Lose at least 2 pounds
- Try to eat more fruit
- To not “cheat” and check on my weight before Thursday’s meeting
I need to post more pictures. I’m sure people see my wordy entries and think “maybe I’ll check back later”. I do tend to ramble, so I get that. I like to think that the more pictures I post the easier it is for people to read it. So since I still haven’t replaced my camera cord (since Bailey destroyed it) but my parents let me use their computer, here’s a visual recap of the last few days:
Taught my first "official class" last week - Word for Beginners
Reached my first Weight Watchers milestone - my first 5 pounds!
My co-worker Kearstin was on Wheel of Fortune!
We made homemade parfaits at work on Friday for our weekly meeting - YUMMY! (Darn those granolas - they were 7 or 8 points!)
It snowed a few times - the dogs love to go out and "eat" the snow.
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
(Side note – I live in an apartment so I have no backyard or “hose down” option, so my only choice is washing him in the bathroom. And I have a walk-in shower, not a tub, so essentially if I want him to be washed, I have to get in with him. I usually only wash him when I need a shower too, to kill 2 birds with one stone. It works. And since I can shut the door behind me, there’s no comedic moment with a soapy dog tearing through the apartment midway through the bath).
Anyway, I get him initially rinsed off and grabbed for his doggie shampoo, only to realize upon opening the bottle that it was completely empty. How that happened, and I didn’t notice before then, I will never know. But here I am, standing in a shower with a fully soaked 117 pound dog. And no doggie shampoo. He needed to be washed. And I had to make an impulsive “dog mommy” decision –
I had to use my shampoo.
Herbal Essences: Long Term Relationship. It’s made for people with long hair, which Bailey definitely does not have. (Not to mention he’s a dog). Needless to say, each time I poured more shampoo into my hands and lathered Bailey up with it, I groaned a little inside thinking “I can’t believe I paid for this shampoo and it’s going on my dog! Now I have to buy shampoo sooner because I’m wasting it!”
There is some good news to share though – he smells AMAZING and I haven’t felt his fur this soft since he was a 2 month old puppy!! I may have to save my shampoo up once a month when I wash him! I’m so glad I have a short haired breed that only needs a shower once a month! (Per the vet and Dogs 101 instructions on Animal Planet!)