Thursday, May 28, 2009
Thursday, May 21, 2009
These pictures sum up how I feel right now. Packing is intense!! I really don’t mind packing, or moving for that matter, but I HATE feeling cluttered or overwhelmed. Which is exactly how I feel each time I walk into my apartment with boxes, clothes, trash, and other assorted clutter just laying around. It looks totally unorganized and I stress out because I can’t possibly think of how I’m going to keep track of where I am with all of it.
But…only 2 more days, and then I can start moving it all out! Then, the real cleaning begins.
Saturday, May 16, 2009
I feel like I’m going from nothing happening last week to a VERY crammed and busy 2 weeks ahead of me! I’ll be trying to balance work and moving and I’m actually very excited to see it all come together! It’s all coming together so fast.
Last night – Baby shower for co-worker, then out for drinks for a semi-going away party.
Today – Take Bailey to the vet for shots and an official weight (so stay tuned!). Potentially not get the apartment based on Bailey's current weight. Visit Comcast to get cable switched over and get an additional digital cable box.
Week of May 17 – start organizing, packing, purging, donating, ripping my hair out, etc. And all of this with working at least 8 hours a day and trying to keep back a 115 pound Velcro puppy. (again – weight of said puppy still to be determined.)
May 22 – wake up EARLY and start moving things into the new place! (No work today…woo hoo!). Possibly have my parents and/or Justin’s parents help with heavy lifting. Fortunately my utilities are already set up for this day, so we’ll be able to have A/C, lights, outlets, etc.
May 23 – have several co-workers coming over (and hopefully parents!) in the morning to help try to move everything else in one day. (Could be possible…not that much stuff in a one bedroom, and remember-I’m trying to purge as much as I can bear to part with!)
Week of May 24 – goal is to have everything successfully moved out of 1 bedroom and into 2 bedroom, and will need to scrub the living daylights out of 1 bedroom to maximize deposit refund. Also try to start unpacking 2 bedroom. I wonder which will happen first…hmmm….
May 31st – officially moved into 2 bedroom! Then work on unpacking any remaining boxes.
Whew! The good news is that it’s in the same apartment complex, just on the other side, so we aren’t going too far. Saves on gas! We’ll probably only use cars for big stuff, I would assume.
And don’t worry all you family members out there – I’ll be sending you all the new address soon! I expect lots of gifts! (JUST KIDDING!)
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
I’d like to say it’s been a busy week, and that’s why I haven’t posted. But – it’s actually been the exact opposite. It was boring. Not enough stuff happened to post every day. Sometimes you have those “rip your hair out” weeks, and other times, you would kill to be busy. I’m never happy either way! It’s like the age old argument that people with straight hair wish it was curly, and those with curly locks would like it straight.
It wasn’t entirely uneventful though. I was able to catch up on a lot of things, and had a lot of time to clean the apartment! The last week included such events as:
- 2 season finales of my favorite shows made me cry like a baby: Scrubs (8th Season/Series finale) ended exactly the way it should have. Seriously, if I thought about it later that night, I’d start crying all over again. I couldn’t have imagined it any other way, except maybe no one leaving the hospital. But that’s how all the good shows end. And Bones, surprisingly. A certain character gets badly hurt, and it was just an emotional ending that I wasn’t expecting from a certain other character.
- 1 renewed love: I ran out of my normal tv shows to catch up with online, so I started watching NCIS again. I couldn’t believe I had stopped watching it!
- 1 new love: I’ve been watching Castle on ABC.com because I LOVE the actor Nathan Fillion. And it’s a murder mystery/cop show, so why wouldn’t I like it? It’s actually a pretty clever show. I just got addicted to him when he was on the brief Sci-Fi show “Firefly”, and he’s just a great comedic actor.
- 1 movie made me cry: I watched Sex and the City again, and if you’re a woman and you’ve seen it, you know exactly which moments I cried at!
- 1 clean apartment: The apartment complex needs to view an apartment before you move into another one, to make sure that you’re not the kind of person who will trash both. So I had to clean it from top to bottom to get the final “approval” to move.
- 1 apartment approval: My cleaning paid off! They said it looked good! Moving starts: May 22nd!
- 2 sore thumbs: On Saturday, Justin went fishing for several hours, so I took advantage of his Wii and played Lego Star Wars for almost 2 hours that morning and then later another 2 hours. I got through the entire Episode 4 on the game. Yea.
- 1 monumental boo-boo: It was Saturday night, I was sitting at my computer catching up on online shows and was enjoying a Mike's (hey, I'm 25 and it was Saturday night). I go to pick it up, and the next thing I know, it spills foward and covers my entire keyboard. I try to soak up what I can, but here I am 4 days later, and I'm finding it very difficult to type. I'm extremely mad at myself, but not mad because at least it still works. Thank God, but who knew I have to workout my finger muscles just to type?!?!!
All in all, it was technically an “emotional” week. I think I scared Justin by crying so much! (Both happy and sad tears by the way…sad ones mostly because of stinkin’ good acting and writing on tv shows!) He seemed to think that he had done something wrong that was making me cry and I didn’t want to tell him about it!
This week won’t be as blog-filled either unfortunately, since it will most likely involve packing and purging my packrat items. But there’s a baby shower, a trip to the vet and possibly some camping, so hopefully I’ll have something to report!
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
I can be positive about one of them though – I have been a consistent blogger!! Normally, when I start journals or blogs, or even handwritten (or other) types of diaries, I go strong for a week or two, and then it becomes an every 6 month kind of thing. I like cataloging my thoughts, and events, and moments so I can go back and look at them, and I’m proud I’ve stuck with it. As for my other resolutions though….
I haven’t started eating any better and definitely haven’t started exercising again. BUT – I have made a “covenant” to myself (if you’ve seen “Yes Man” with Jim Carey, you’ll get the reference) to get up early and take Bailey for a walk around the neighborhood, and then take him again as the first thing I do when I get home from work at the end of the day. He is crate trained, and doesn’t mind being in there, but I still feel bad. Plus, even though I take him to the dog park on the weekends, he gets tired after only 20 minutes or so, and I push him to stay out longer for exercise. So we’re both out of shape. So why not take more walks? He’s also a real “puller” when he’s on the leash, so it never hurts to practice being with him on the leash so he can become good at it, right? We all win!
Today was Day 2 of my new “walking program” and I’m proud to say that I’m sticking with it! I must say, though, that I was out the door at 5:30 yesterday and 5:40 today, so I’m trying to see how much I can get away with, but I’m going to make myself more accountable. I must be dressed and on my way out of the door by 5:30 am or it doesn’t count. Setting a time will also be helpful when I finally get in shape and end up wanting/needing to walk further, especially in the mornings. If I have to be at work by 7, and I want to walk further, I will need to be firm with the time I leave the apartment.
I also have those Nike+ shoes, that feed information to your iPod about calories burned, distance covered, etc., and you can upload it online and share the info with others. So if I can figure out if Blogger can do that, than you can keep track and hold me accountable!!
Happy Cinco de Mayo!!
Monday, May 4, 2009
6:24 – woke up again. Oops, fell back asleep. Took care of the dog, took shower and got ready.
6:45 – started drying hair. (this is when I normally need to leave to be at work by 7). Hairdryer broke, halfway through. Have 1/3 dry hair, 2/3 wet hair. Tried looking for a travel hairdryer. Definitely didn’t have one.
6:55 – finished getting dressed. Left for work with hair half wet.
7:10 – arrived to work and turned on computer, checked voicemail, got coffee and oatmeal.
7:21 – finally started checking e-mails.
8:15 – went to breakfast meeting.
11:30 - went home for lunch. Stopped at Walgreens for new hairdryer to prevent another wild hair day.
1:00 – got back to work. Covered our reception desk for our out of town receptionist.
6:00 – packed up car with camping equipment and left with Justin to Woodland Park to go camping at his parent’s house.
Sunday, May 3, 2009
Friday: Not much Friday night - we were going to go camping in Woodland Park, but since it was raining pretty bad and was foggy, it ended up being a nice dinner at Justin's parents house. We got back to the Springs around 10 pm and it didn't leave much time to have another Friday night.
Saturday: It rained all day...which for most people is a bad thing, but I love rainstorms!!! So I cleaned up the apartment all day, and then we didn't do much that night either. He and I were waiting for his brother to come by after a date, but I couldn't wait and decided to go to bed.
Sunday: I only slept in until 8:30, which is actually late for me, and I was actually able to take Bailey to the dog park from 12:15 to 1:45. He had a great time and was completely tuckered out, which is always the point.
Since then, I've done some laundry and this blog and have started to watch the 1st 7 seasons of Scrubs again - at this moment, I'm watching the 2nd season, before Carla and Turk get married. I need to hang some things up, so I'll post again later!!