Monday, November 9, 2009

Chicken Kiev Recipe

Nothing smells better than breaded chicken with garlic and Italian seasoning. Oh yea - top it off with white wine vinegar, mixed with butter and green onions. I'm talking about my mom's homemade Chicken Kiev recipe! With a little improvising on my part, of course.

I grew up with the recipe and always used to love walking in the house and smell the unforgettable smell, and know it was going to be a good night! When I moved to my first apartment in college, you bet I asked my mom for the full-fledged recipe!

Here's the recipe for you to take and enjoy...it's really easy!!! And very yummy.

Thanks Mrs. C!


Chicken Kiev
*Best served on rice

- Bread crumbs (plain or Italian seasoning)
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter
- Chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup dry White Wine/Vermouth
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions (2 bunches - cut up to 2 inches into green part)

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Melt 1/4 cup of the margarine/butter. Dip each chicken breast in butter. Cover it in bread crumbs. Place in shallow glass baking pan.
3. Bake near center of over for 30-45 minutes, depending on the thickness of the chicken breast, until fully cooked.
4. Melt remaining butter (1/4 cup) in bowl, and mix in onions and wine.
5. Pour sauce over chicken.
6. Return chicken to oven for 3-5 additional minutes to let the mixture seep into the chicken and to heat the sauce.

Enjoy! I didn't have any onions at home tonight, and didn't want to go out to the store, so I substitued onions with garlic. So we'll see what happens. I may have invented a new recipe!

No comments: