Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Office on NBC

If you don’t watch it, you need to. I’m just having an “I’m just wishing I worked at Dunder Mifflin” day.

If you do watch it, did you see the hour long episode that aired after the Super Bowl on Sunday? WHOA…the BEST episode this season by far, and my personal favorite out of all 4 American seasons.

I haven’t actually seen the British version though. I’m actually not willing to, especially at this point. I’m afraid that I love the American version so much that I won’t like the British version.

If you’ve ever worked in an office setting, and especially if you’re working in one now, then you MUST watch this show. It’s like “Office Space” on steroids. And if you haven’t seen that movie, you need to take a few days off and CATCH UP!

After watching this show, especially a few episodes, you start to see people you work with in the characters. And I can’t speak for other people who watch it, but I get some good ideas on what I wish I could do at work (or to my co-workers *wink wink Jim and Dwight*). I understand that Michael is annoying and counter-productive, but who wouldn’t want to work in an environment like that?? I mean, you get paid to not work, while going on field trips and having parties almost every day? And if you did pretty much ANYTHING (again – watch Sunday’s episode online at nbc.com) at work, then you wouldn’t get in trouble! Talk about job security!

To clarify, I have not lost my job; I just sometimes wish I had a job like that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just ran across your blog and love it! I have a Weim too and am guilty of blogging about her! Oh and The Office!!! Loved the 1 hour special!