Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Blogger's Delight







It's a Tuesday night, and I'm sitting in bed blogging. Oh sure, there's other things happening, and I have other things I want to do, or will do. But I'm looking forward to all of it.





First of all, I'm enjoying a wonderful strawberry Margarita (started with dinner). I'm obviously blogging, and I am watching Mamma Mia!


And I'm also "eye-balling" my book that hasn't been read in such a long time...but everytime I walk past it, it whimpers and says "Read me! Read me!"

It's "Rubicon: The Last Years of the Roman Republic" by Tom Holland. The Rubicon was the river that Julius Ceasar crossed to enter Rome, causing the start of their Civil War. It's extremely interesting, and when I'm reading it, I can't put it down!!! But, there are so many other things to be done, that it's hard to pick it up. I'm also one of those readers where I either need it quiet, or to have a constant quiet noise in the background (for example, Starbucks is ok). I can't read with the tv on, or someone talking close by, so even at Starbucks, I need an isolated area, or I find myself listening in on their conversations. But after talking about it this much, or thinking about reading, I think I'm going to pick it up!

Also, it turns out that my birthday is going to span across the upcoming week, and I may even be creating a new blog, but more to come on that tomorrow! I'm going to go and read a book!!

No comments: