Tuesday, February 10, 2009

25 Things You Didn't Know About Me

Most of you may be aware of a "list" going around the internet asking people to list 25 Random Fun Facts about themselves, and then to put it on their friends to complete as well. And it's my turn! Here are my 25 Facts, and I hope that either I don't lose your respect, or that you find we have more things in common than you thought! Happy Reading!

  1. I get paranoid when people don’t respond to my text messages right away. Even if it’s only been like 2.5 minutes.
  2. I love Hindi movies. I actually own quite a few. And some soundtracks. But I do not speak fluent Hindi…in fact, I only know about a handful of words, so they have to have subtitles.
  3. I don’t think I was blessed with the “baby crazy” gene. I talk more about what kind of dogs I want next than if I want a baby or not.
  4. I am really good at multitasking, but I’m also really lazy. So it’s hard to get me started, but once I’m on a roll, don’t try and stop me. It’s a real problem.
  5. My mind tends to wander, and occasionally I’ll make comments out loud and realize that it’s been about 10 minutes since a conversation topic ended and I’m the only one still thinking about it. Pretty embarrassing.
  6. I don’t think I’d ever get a little dog. I used to want a small one, but I’ve been spoiled the past few years, and I LOVE big dogs. I just love their size and “cuddling ability” (they’re like little people!) and the fact that their bark and size intimidates people want to leave me alone. (and not break into my apartment!)
  7. I can be very friendly and talkative with friends, family, and co-workers, but I tend to be anti-social when I’m out in public, and I sometimes try to avoid people when it looks like they’re going to ask me a question or talk to me. I wish it weren’t so, but sometimes you never know what you’re going to get when a perfect stranger opens their mouth.
  8. My favorite color is blue because when I was in 8th grade, I had a crush on a guy whose favorite color was blue, and I liked it because he did. And it’s been my favorite ever since.
  9. I love sparkles. Like REALLY love. Like OBSESSED. So if you see anything that sparkles, glitters, or flickers in the light and catches your eye – think of me!
  10. I obsessively blog. I think of 3 or 4 topics daily that I want to blog about, but to spare those who DO read my blog of my craziness, I only choose one to post. Maybe 2, MAX. And they always have to have pictures. Of course.
  11. I actually enjoy grocery shopping. My only problem is coming out with ONLY what is on my list and not buying any “impulse items”.
  12. When I sit down, I always have to sit down on my right leg, bent underneath me. My right leg tends to fall asleep a lot.
  13. I memorized the entire Lion King soundtrack with one of my cousins before I had even seen the movie.
  14. I actually like the raunchy “guy flicks” (occasionally), but I have to take it at face value when I watch it, and not think too hard about it.
  15. I have seen numerous movies multiple times – so much so, that I can use lines from movies in daily conversation. And it annoys me when people don’t catch them!
  16. I don’t like it when my food touches on a plate. I won’t eat any food that has mixed with another food, or I eat around the area that has mixed. But…I will eat mixed vegetables. Those don’t count. So on Thanksgiving, I have to eat my food in shifts, because I can’t fit it all on one plate without anything touching. This includes if something has dressing, or sauce, and it seeps into another food item on my plate, I eat around it; I won’t eat the portion that has another food product touching it. Simply put, if I want pasta with sauce and salad with dressing, I don’t want pasta sauce on my salad, or any salad dressing on my pasta. That’s not what it was meant for!!!
  17. I don’t really have an artistic or creative eye, but I love scrapbooking. I start with the stickers usually and then think of where I can take pictures, and what I can take pictures of to use those stickers!
  18. I hate the gym.
  19. I can’t stand people that can’t spell. And for CRYING OUT LOUD – learn the difference between and the proper usage of you’re/your, they’re/their/there, and too/two/to!
  20. I am not afraid to say “That’s what she said” on a daily basis. (You need to go watch The Office if you don’t get that.) I actually enjoy it, and try to make sure I do. It gives me a good giggle, even if no one else thinks it’s funny.
  21. I absolutely love snow. Whether it’s just a sprinkling that melts an hour after it falls, or if it’s a 3 day blizzard. I just want to roll around in it all day!!
  22. I’m kinda totally into Guitar Hero now. I can currently only play the Bass part on Easy, but I really like it. I didn’t think I’d be into video games, but I guess I am!
  23. My favorite flavor of ice cream is vanilla.
  24. I am completely obsessed with Scrubs (now an ABC show) and The Office and 30 Rock (NBC Shows). You should definitely invest in watching those shows…they’re free online!
  25. I am happiest when I’m multi-tasking. Honestly, I don’t think I could feel productive if I worked on things one at a time. Maybe that’s why I enjoy cooking dinner, or baking, or scrapbooking!

I’d like to tag…Susan, Brian, Kat, Byron, Sarah, and anyone else who’d love to do this!

No comments: