Monday, March 23, 2009

Weekend Update

Life is almost back to normal. After a very productive weekend, Justin is back in town and work has resumed, as it normally would for a Monday. The weekend really flew by, and it was a mix of fun and feeling productive. But it just wasn’t long enough!!

I am proud to say that I did all but 2 things on my to-do list! I didn’t read my book but I did have quite a few movies stored up, so I watched those instead. And then my jog and book reading took a back-set to the AMAZING weather and I ended up spending more time at the dog park than I thought I would. I was able to get both Bailey and Baxter to the park on Saturday AND Sunday, by myself!! Saturday we spent at least an hour and the dogs were great! It was a nice 72 degrees with the sun out and I was loving the fact that I had gotten up and out early enough to enjoy as much time as I wanted at the park. I love sleeping in, but at the same time, when I get up and get my day started, I feel more productive and fulfilled at the end of the day because I did so much! I even start to run out of things to do before the end of the day.

Sunday I was able to get back to the park, but it wasn’t until 12:30 or so. It wasn’t in my original plan to go that day, but as I was packing up at my parents to “move back” to my apartment, I couldn’t ignore the fact that it was 80 degrees outside! I didn’t see myself wasting my last day of the weekend inside cleaning and unpacking, so I grabbed the dogs and went to the park! Since it was hotter than expected in direct sunlight, the dogs and I got tired more quickly than we did on Saturday so we only stayed 30-40 minutes. However, they enjoyed the creek, so that was a great chance for them to cool off!

I was able to completely clean the apartment, take a shower, and even watch some tv before I headed out to Denver to pick Justin up. His flight was arriving at 8:30, so I left the Springs around 6:30 to get some gas and cash for tolls, and arrived roughly at 7:45. The Denver airport is great, because they have tons of restaurants, bars, and shops for people to enjoy OUTSIDE the gates! At most airports, you have to have a boarding pass to get through and then you can enjoy all the shops, but DIA has that all outside Security, so people waiting to pick-up or for their flight get to enjoy themselves too. (The D/FW airport could learn a thing or 2!!) It was a late night though…arriving back home at 10:45 and not getting to sleep until after 12. And I had to be at work at 7 am today!!!

All in all, I had a great weekend and wish all of them could be that nice!

No comments: