Thursday, March 5, 2009

Spotlight on…

My 25th Birthday - My birthday week has finally come to an “official” close. I received the last few cards and presents, and all in all – I’m excited to be 25!! It was a wonderful week, and I feel very loved! The hat and coffee mug my co-workers chipped in for arrived on Tuesday, and the HAT FITS! I was concerned since it was a “One Size Fits All” hat. I have an unusually small head (hey – I’m a girl! Most of us do!) and the one size usually starts around 1 or 2 sizes too big for my head. But I tried it on at work, and it fits like it was meant for me! The other problem with me and hats is that sometimes it comes with an extra tall forehead area, and it looks like a trucker hat on me. This one…well, see for yourself! No trucker head!



My New Books - My brother Brian sent me a very thoughtful gift. As I’ve mentioned before, I have a certain fondness (ok, obsession) for all things Ancient Rome. Brian and I share a mutual love for reading, so over Christmas, I was telling him about the books I had just bought. He must have remembered that, because he sent me an biography on Augustus Caesar for my birthday by an author who had written another book I already had. But…I already had it – bummer! (Told you I was obsessed!) He also apparently figured that I would, because he mentioned that he would include the gift receipt so I could exchange it. I went to Borders last night and exchanged it for:

And here is my official Spring/Summer reading list (aka: books I’ve purchased and haven’t gotten around to reading/finishing):
Clockwise from far left:
1. "Caesar’s Legion: The Epic Saga of Julius Caesar's Elite Tenth Leigon and the Armies of Rome" by Stephen Dando-Collins
2. "Rubicon: The Last Years of the Roman Republic" by Tom Holland
3. "Augustus" by Anthony Everitt
4. "Roman Warfare" by Adrian Goldsworthy
5. "The Private Lives of the Roman Emperors" by Anthony Blond



I'm looking forward to the next few months!! WOO HOO!

No comments: