Friday, March 20, 2009

Everybody’s Gone for the Weekend

At this moment in time (in my life), my mom, dad and boyfriend are all out of town. All of my options for entertainment are currently not viable options, so I am forced to find my own alternatives. It’s like a blessing and a curse – I have the freedom to do whatever I want, but I have so many options, that I can’t decide what to do, and I’m afraid that eventually, I’ll end up coming out of this weekend having done nothing I wanted to at all!!

I have actually written out a list of things I want to get done this weekend, but at the same time, I don’t know what to start with! As of 4 pm today until 9 pm Sunday night, I can do the following:

- dog park
- clean the apartment from top to bottom
- clean the house (the areas I used)
- catch up on my Spring Reading List
- blog
- go for a jog or two
- laundry
- organize at least 2 closets in the apartment
- watch movies I’ve bought but haven’t watched yet or go see Slumdog Millionaire, or watch My Name is Earl on DVD
- nap

For those of you who know me well, I’m a planner. I like to plan out as much as possible of my days, and then if something doesn’t take as long as planned, it’s like I’ve “earned” some free time. Part of me wants to sit down and schedule times for me to do all of the things to do on my list. I’m a practical thinker when I plan and try to multi-task my “chores” by organizing them all so that it all gets done in the most logical amount of time – for example, I can watch my movies tonight, and then the dog park first thing tomorrow so that they’re tired out, and then I can read a book while they’re sleeping. Then when they’re running around the backyard, I can do my laundry and clean up the house. The apartment can be Sunday. And so on.

I know. Nerdy!

But, I’m also a procrastinator. If I can wait until the last possible minute to do my “planned list”, then I will! When I can’t figure out where to start my planning, I stress! That’s not to say that I’m losing my mind right now, but Planner Karen is getting annoyed with Procrastinator Karen and I’d just as soon avoid them both completely!

Fortunately, work has kept me busy during the day this week, but I’m so bored at night without my “options” in town, that my mind wanders!!!

No comments: