Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Is it Christmas yet?

We get a certain number of paid days off based on how long you've been at my work. You must use them all before your Anniversary Date (date you were hired) or they're gone, and on your Anniversary Date, you get your paid days renewed. You use 'em, or you lose 'em. I only wish we had a "rollover" policy. But, alas, we don't, and I had to use my remaining days before October 10th.

So 2 weeks ago, I took a Friday and Monday off, resulting in a 4 day weekend, filled with lots of shopping and time with my mom. What made it even better was the fact that she took me to Michael's and I bought materials to make my very own, very first Christmas wreath! All the Christmas stuff was 30% off (hey - it was September) and even though Christmas was still a few weeks away, I couldn't resist the sparkles and the sale and can't wait to put it all together!

No, that's not mine, and I didn't buy that many accessories for my wreath, but it is red/white/silver, and I'm SUPER excited to put it together. I'm trying to fight my temptation to put it together ASAP, but I don't want to finish it too early and then lose the "buzz" from being "crafty" - especially since it involves Christmas.

And on a guilty note, it was actually so cold at one point this weekend, that I almost played Christmas music. I had my iTunes open, and I could see my Christmas playlist, and I fought it - and didn't play anything. But I can't wait much longer. Check out the weekend forecast coming up:

Yes, that's a forecast for a mix of rain and snow showers. So we'll see. BUT - if it snows, I'm going to have to play "Let it Snow". I just have to.

So Christmas - are you here yet? Please hurry! In the meantime, I will have to decorate my apartment with fall things.

No comments: