Saturday, October 17, 2009

Happy Early Halloween!

If you've ever read any of my posts on Bailey, especially recent ones, you know that I kind of like dressing him up. To a certain extent, it's hard to find things that fit him, because he's so big, and I can only find cute things for the little dogs. I was even contemplating buying Bailey a child's costume, since that seemed to be the only affordable option that would fit him, without having anything custom made.

I had to go to PetsMart today to get Bailey some dog food, and right as you walk in, they have a Halloween display. I thought I would just check it out, until I noticed a "50% off" sign! And believe it or not, I picked up the first costume I saw, called Justin to confirm the purchase, and now - ladies and gentleman, I present "Bailey Monster"!!





My little devil! I actually call him my little angel boy, and we were actually going to get him human angel wings and a halo, but I couldn't resist this! Normally, as I mentioned, NOTHING fits him because he's just too dang big! But this is perfect - it's a cape that goes over his back, and the only 2 places it attaches (his neck/stomach) have straps that secure with velcro! So no matter how big the dog, you can make sure the costume stays!

And then of course, I saw the horns, and that sealed the deal for me. The angel halo was a headband meant for a human, and I just couldn't see them actually staying on Bailey's head. But the hat with the horns attached? And it too stayed together with a velcro strap around the neck? Sign me up!

So I brought it home and the very first thing we did was try it on (IT FIT!!!!) and take pictures. I'm dog sitting for my parents, and I have Baxter staying with me, so I'm sure he was very thankful I didn't try to put it on him! (And that's also why you see multiple dog beds in one picture!)

I LOVE DOGS!!!

No comments: