Thursday, January 22, 2009

Nostalgia

So, for lunch a few days ago, I cracked open a package of Ramen I’d been storing. It was like a flash back to my freshman and sophomore year when, surprisingly, I lost 15 pounds because I didn’t have a cafeteria in my dorm, and I didn’t feel like walking across campus. Instead, I lived on microwaveable Ramen and Easy Mac (thanks, Mom!). Living only on about 400 calories for lunch and dinner really helps you lose weight.

It’s weird, but the lunch brought back all sorts of flashbacks from college, and I realized – I miss it! I miss the whole experience! I starting thinking about things like the fact that I didn’t have a boyfriend the first year or so either, so I wasn’t going out as much on the weekends. As a matter of fact, I was one of “those people” who lived so close to home, I’d just pack up my stuff, head to mom and dad’s for the weekend, and go back Sunday afternoon. I loved the time I spent with them, but I also feel I missed out on a lot of experiences you get your Freshman year. And I missed out on making friends and those relationships that “last a lifetime”.

Anyway, just something to think about. I definitely would not go back and do high school over again, but I would LOVE to go back to college as an undergrad!

No comments: