Sunday, January 25, 2009

Resolutions? Or Commitments?

I don’t usually make formal resolutions, but there are a few things I would like to take care of this year.

Blog more: I know that I’ve already been blogging pretty much everyday for the past week or 2. But, before I started back up, the last post was I made was in November. I enjoy how it’s a little therapeutic and it’s almost a bit creative. I love thinking about what I’ll post about/how I’ll phrase it/what pictures I’ll pair with it. I also made my current page header, and I really enjoyed collecting those pieces and putting them all together. (On a side note, if you’d like me to make you a header for your page, I would love to make one for you! It may not be as perfect as the ones you pay for, but I make them with love!). Plus, I like to keep my family posted (pardon the pun) on what’s going on!

Eat better: To be perfectly honest, I can’t guarantee to myself that I will start to cook better, but I can control portion sizes. And I don’t need seconds. It’s just the food…it’s just so good once it hits the lips!






Get Bailey out more: The poor puppy doesn’t usually get out much during the week because I work all day and by the time I get home, it’s either dark or almost dark out, and I’m just so tired. So I want to walk him when I can, and make it out to the dog park more often.

Control: I want to work on making sure I don’t get upset over things beyond my control. I think this expression is meant as a joke in an Office episode a few seasons ago, but it makes sense to me – “I can’t control what other people do. I can only control how I react to it”. I just find myself stressed out a lot, and it’s pretty draining. I’m sure I’m not the only one who gets stressed around here!


So all in all, it's not so much resolutions, as things that can constantly be worked on.

No comments: