Friday, January 8, 2010

Culture

I had a random thought today.

There are so many different cultures around the world and each and every one are just so interesting! We all perform the same tasks, but in different ways. It’s just amazing how we each have our own way of doing things, but it all gets done, and we’re all still here. Basically, there are many different means to an end. I only wish I could travel to every single country and learn everything about each culture. It’s all just really amazing. And to be perfectly honest, part of me wishes I was a part of one of the cultures with the interesting history and elaborate traditions.

But my favorite thing about different cultures is – and I know it sounds weird – is the colors. There is never a time where I see a picture with brightly colored images from a culture where I can’t tear my eyes away from it. It’s like every time I see that picture, my mind gets sucked right in and carried away and I just start thinking of stories. Pictures with bright colors just get my creative juices flowing. And to help demonstrate to you what my crazy little blog means, I’ve found some photos that “spoke” to me and posted them below along with what country they’re from.

Hopefully these images will inspire you to watch PBS, or the History Channel, or the Travel Channel – or go to the library and read some books and learn more!

The Netherlands

Mexico

Italy

India

Honduras

Brazil
Argentina

Africa

No comments: