Wednesday, December 30, 2009

My very first "official" White Christmas!

It's definitely been a while since I've posted and Christmas has come and gone! I was able to spend Christmas in Texas with my family, and believe it or not...

We had a White Christmas!!!!!

It started raining pretty heavy in the early afternoon on Christmas Eve, and pretty soon, I was sure I saw snowflakes. No one believed me.

Until - it started picking up and sticking to the ground! And it got to the point where it was freezing on roads and they had to shut a few down!
So enjoy some highlights from my trip, and I hope you had a very Merry Christmas yourself!!

It wasn't much, compared to snows I've seen in Colorado Springs, but this was the most I had ever seen in the Dallas area where I grew up, and to top it all off, it was actually snowing ON
Christmas Eve!

This is in my sister's backyard in Aubrey, TX...
This is at my sister-in-law's childhood home in Plano, TX...

Christmas morning at my brother's apartment!!
Christmas morning - my brother showing his daughter Allie some of the gifts from "Santa"...
Allie with the snowman she built (with her Uncle Tim's help) in their backyard on Christmas Day...
An up close shot of the snowman - I just couldn't get over the cowboy hat!
My dad learning about a make-it-yourself Crayon maker Allie had gotten.
And Allie with Kat (her mommy/my sister-in-law) and my mom after completing a puzzle Allie got for Christmas...
And I'll leave this parting shot - my brother, in Target, the day after Christmas, pretending to be a cheerleader. Don't ask - it was hilarious!!

No comments: