Tuesday, December 1, 2009

3 years later...and finally grown up?

I felt very grown up today.
I had to walk across property this morning really early to set up for a class. It was quite cold, so I had my pea coat on with a scarf wrapped up nice and tight around my neck. I was proactive and set the automatic coffee maker to start this morning, so I could grab a travel mug and head out the door.
So, I'm carrying my coffee in one hand, checking the news on my BlackBerry in my other hand, meanwhile I've got a laptop in a case draped over my shoulder. Combine all that with my pea cot and scarf and - voila! - I came to the realization that I felt like a professional! I felt like I should have been a guest at the hotel for a conference, and I was on my way to a meeting.

Kind of sad, actually. I've been out of college for 3 years. But - it was still a nice feeling!

And fingers crossed...it will snow tonight for the next 2 days! We'll see.

No comments: