Thursday, December 3, 2009

Doing a little decorating...

I haven't lived on my own enough Christmases to get my own decorations, so I'm very limited. But thanks to WalMart and great prices, I was able to add a little touch. After doing a few chores around the apartment, I finally got the chance to be crafty (again!) and decorate the apartment. I still wish I had a more festive home, but it will happen in due time! (And especially at the clearance sales the last week of December!) Check it out!

It snowed for a while last night, and then it's been snowing all day! Currently, I'm sitting at a balmy 9 degrees!
I LOVE SNOW!
(This is out on the balcony)

And this is a cross-stitch I made a few years ago along with a nicely holiday scented Yankee candle!

This is the bookshelf you see right as you enter - the pillow my mom made, the picture is all me, and the doggie is a cute little ornament I found at one of the retail stores at the hotel. It's not specifically a Weimaraner, but it really looks like one!!

Here's the mantle before, with all the materials...

And the mantle AFTER!!! I love all the lights, and glitter, and....YAY!!!

Here's a close-up of one of the ornament balls - here's a hint: they're unbreakable, because they're plastic! Look real, huh?

And me with my creation! Seriously, I took about 12 of these, and this was the best one. Oh well.

And then, of course, all the snow and a nice big mug of hot cocoa. I wish I was Christmas all year round!!

No comments: