Wednesday, May 13, 2009

When nothing happens, you can't blog!


I’d like to say it’s been a busy week, and that’s why I haven’t posted. But – it’s actually been the exact opposite. It was boring. Not enough stuff happened to post every day. Sometimes you have those “rip your hair out” weeks, and other times, you would kill to be busy. I’m never happy either way! It’s like the age old argument that people with straight hair wish it was curly, and those with curly locks would like it straight.

It wasn’t entirely uneventful though. I was able to catch up on a lot of things, and had a lot of time to clean the apartment! The last week included such events as:

  • 2 season finales of my favorite shows made me cry like a baby: Scrubs (8th Season/Series finale) ended exactly the way it should have. Seriously, if I thought about it later that night, I’d start crying all over again. I couldn’t have imagined it any other way, except maybe no one leaving the hospital. But that’s how all the good shows end. And Bones, surprisingly. A certain character gets badly hurt, and it was just an emotional ending that I wasn’t expecting from a certain other character.
  • 1 renewed love: I ran out of my normal tv shows to catch up with online, so I started watching NCIS again. I couldn’t believe I had stopped watching it!
  • 1 new love: I’ve been watching Castle on ABC.com because I LOVE the actor Nathan Fillion. And it’s a murder mystery/cop show, so why wouldn’t I like it? It’s actually a pretty clever show. I just got addicted to him when he was on the brief Sci-Fi show “Firefly”, and he’s just a great comedic actor.
  • 1 movie made me cry: I watched Sex and the City again, and if you’re a woman and you’ve seen it, you know exactly which moments I cried at!
  • 1 clean apartment: The apartment complex needs to view an apartment before you move into another one, to make sure that you’re not the kind of person who will trash both. So I had to clean it from top to bottom to get the final “approval” to move.
  • 1 apartment approval: My cleaning paid off! They said it looked good! Moving starts: May 22nd!
  • 2 sore thumbs: On Saturday, Justin went fishing for several hours, so I took advantage of his Wii and played Lego Star Wars for almost 2 hours that morning and then later another 2 hours. I got through the entire Episode 4 on the game. Yea.
  • 1 monumental boo-boo: It was Saturday night, I was sitting at my computer catching up on online shows and was enjoying a Mike's (hey, I'm 25 and it was Saturday night). I go to pick it up, and the next thing I know, it spills foward and covers my entire keyboard. I try to soak up what I can, but here I am 4 days later, and I'm finding it very difficult to type. I'm extremely mad at myself, but not mad because at least it still works. Thank God, but who knew I have to workout my finger muscles just to type?!?!!

All in all, it was technically an “emotional” week. I think I scared Justin by crying so much! (Both happy and sad tears by the way…sad ones mostly because of stinkin’ good acting and writing on tv shows!) He seemed to think that he had done something wrong that was making me cry and I didn’t want to tell him about it!

This week won’t be as blog-filled either unfortunately, since it will most likely involve packing and purging my packrat items. But there’s a baby shower, a trip to the vet and possibly some camping, so hopefully I’ll have something to report!

No comments: