Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July Festivities

I think I had one of the best 4th of July's that I've had in a while!! Surrounded by great friends and family, everyone made it better than I expected. And I ate enough BBQ to last me until next year!

There was a wedding for a co-worker at the Flying W Ranch, which was a GREAT Old Western type of ranch, and there was wonderful food, and of course the bride was beatiful and tears were shed.

Patsy, me, Heather:

The groom and bride, Mike and Kari:

Me and Heather on our way out...we had to take some "spontaneous" photos:

If you see me, turn me in:

Then, Justin and I went to my parents for a BBQ and some fireworks. 2 of my co-workers and their boyfriend/husband came over to celebrate with us! The day was spent trying to dodge the rain, great food, and great conversation! It was nice to be able to spend that time with family and friends at the same time! It ended with breaking a TON of glow in the dark sticks for my two nieces (ok - and me too!) to help us find the way to the perfect fireworks spot. I even got Bailey into the spirit and put a glow in the dark collar on him!

Susan (sister), Justin, Neil, Heather, Kristin and Adam in the backyard:

Emma and Sophia!:

Byron and Susan with their newest addition, Owen, at 4 months old:
Everyone in the kitchen hanging out...

Emma wanted to take this picture "for Mr. Justin": (totally her idea!!!)

Let the fireworks begin! (Here's only a few of them):


No comments: