Monday, March 1, 2010

Plateau

While I did lose more weight last week at my weigh in on Thursday, I must say, I don't feel I've been doing good the past few days. I haven't been a terrible eater, and I've been sticking to my points, but I don't feel like I'm losing anymore. I think I've hit my plateau.

This Saturday I went with my mom to go clothes shopping because some of my pants are starting to fit pretty loose. Now, technically, it's loose in my legs. It still fits pretty well around my waist. My stupid weight loss is coming off everywhere but my stupid belly!! It's very frustrating because that's the one and only part of my body that practically got me to start Weight Watchers. So unfortunately, for me, shopping was very depressing. I found myself coming to tears many times in the dressing room because the pants were all still fitting me the same as they did 2 months ago. So even though I've hit the 15 lb mark, I still felt a little upset at myself for not going down a pants size or two.

I understand that it' s about being healthy and not about dropping sizes, but it's hard for me to stay so positive when I'm still wearing the same stinkin' pants.

But...

In 6 weeks, I am already 15 lbs down. And that's progress. I recognize that it works and I am going to continue to folow the program. And granted, that's all without me working out. I occasionally do Pilates and I've done my workout DVD once...but that's pretty much it. I know I need to work out to continue my progress, and trim down my stupid belly that I hate so much - but working out is hard for me. Eating better = simple. Working out = hard.

So maybe it's a physical plateau, but it could be a mental one too. Just got to keep pushing!!

Whew...that felt good. Sorry for venting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can totally relate to you here! I will loose weight everywhere except my belly! Before I got pregnant I had people think I was pregnant...now I have a 10 month old and am really tired of looking pregnant!!! I gained 50 pounds and have only lost half of it...and most of it is in my belly!
Maybe I can't do much to cheer you up here but I can tell you that you are not alone. I too cry every time I go shopping. I will be excited because I lost some weight all to find out I still can't fit into anything.
A few years ago I did start a program that I lost 25 pounds on. I went from 200 to 175! And the belly did come off...but it was the very last thing! I went from a size 16 to a 12 and felt great!!!
Just continue your hard work and yes...remind yourself that you have lost 15 without exercise. Just imagine how much you can loose with it! You can do it...that warm weather is just around the corner, get out there with Bailey and go for some walks!