Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Heaven on Earth

Panino's. Serving Colorado and Minnesota. And there are 2 locations within a 15 minute drive from me. They serve some of the most AMAZING food I have ever had.

You crave it.

You dream about it.

You drool over it.

Yea. It's that good.

They serve a signature dish, called a Panino. What's a panino? According to their website, http://www.paninos.com/, the panino is "a gourmet creation made with the finest garden fresh vegetables, top quality meats and cheeses, and then baked to a golden brown, rolled, sliced, and served to you piping hot." As it was described to me, it's bascially a pizza rolled up. So it's a panini on pizza dough, instead of just regular bread/ciabatta bread.

But they also serve traditional pizza-parlor fare: oven baked pizzas, fresh pasta, eggplant parmigiana, chicken parmigiana, manicotti, lasagna, ravioli, spaghetti with one meatball or sausage. Amen.

Like I said. Heaven. I ate there last week and have turned on at least 2 people I work with onto this wonder. And I'm going again Friday. The minutes are dragging. Here are some amazing shots (if you don't go to their website, you should still appreciate their amazing fare!). You know, while you dream about it and I can actually consume it.

Yes please.

These first two are paninos.




No comments: